Welfare Department

The Town of Mont Vernon Welfare Department provides interim emergency assistance for eligible residents. Requests for assistance can be made through a written application process and an initial assessment intake. 

The welfare application can be found by clicking “documents” to the left above contact information. If you are unable to access the application online you can stop by the Town Hall at 1 Main St. during business hours to get a printed copy. 

In addition to the application, you will be asked to provide the following documentation:

  • Photo ID
  • Rental agreement/verification or mortgage information
  • Bank statements for all members of household
  • Bills including rent receipts, utilities, telephone, cable, storage unit, doctor/medical bills, car, insurance
  • Paycheck stubs for the previous 4 weeks or proof of termination of employment
  • Any other source of income including but not limited to tax returns, child support, or gifts from family/friends
  • Documentation from other agencies such as DHHS, Fuel Assistance, Social Security, Unemployment
  • Medical notes when appropriate


Eligibility is based on a financial review of basic needs and available applicant resources. 

If you are in need of long-term assistance such as Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF), foster care, disability grants, Medicaid, food stamps, and more, you should contact the New Hampshire Dept. of Health and Human Services, 603-883-7726, or nheasy.nh.gov. If you are eligible and have not yet applied for state or federal aid that may become a requirement for your approval of town assistance.


email Chloe Diorio-Bowes at welfare@montvernonnh.us with questions